I love trail mix. It's honestly the best! Even as I type this, I'm shoveling handfuls of the stuff into my face and not feeling one bit of guilt. Yep, it's good stuff. But not everyone currently sees the greatness of this easy to pack snack. Here's a (short) list of reasons why trail mix rocks:
1. Like surprises? Then it's a no brainer! Open a bag and start doing some other equally important task as you blindly grab a handful and shove it into your mouth without even looking at it. Surprise! How many other food items would you trust to do that with???
2. Are you a control freak? Perfect! Get that bag and dig around the "obstacles" you don't feel like eating at that point in time. Have it out for almonds? Personal vendetta on craisins? Skip those guys and scoop up your combination of choice. You're so creative!
3. Making real dinner is hard. Grab a bag and feel full in a matter of minutes. Again, you get to create so many combinations, every bite is a new experience! Master chef status.
4. Variety. Trail mix is so in right now that the number of flavors is off the charts. Some of these even allow you to choose your mood. Did you have a rough week? Maybe "Tranquility" blend is the one for you. Too much of a coach potato this week? "Adventure" blend is calling you off the lazy train (after a few handfuls of course).
5. Sticky fingers. I know, I know, it sounds pretty gross, but picture this. Let's say you're replying to an email for work and your super clean fingers slip a typo in there as you push "send." That wouldn't happen if you had a nice sticky grip per finger to keep you safe from embarrassment. *Note: Trail mix will not make you better at spelling. Just in case anyone took that as trail mix being the new spell check.
6. Hangry Pains. Whether you're finishing up a long day at work, attempting a 3-day fruit cleanse that lasted a mind blowing 8 hours *cough, cough,* or gaining elevation along the side of a mountain mid-hike, trail mix is there to keep hangry you at bay. Even better, it could be forever old and still edible! Win!...kinda.
So, hopefully you've come to see the brilliance that is fruit, nuts, and chocolate all in one bag. Now go grab a bag, scoop away, and enjoy figuring out how to eat all the oddly shaped things at once!